Saturday, February 09, 2008

Charming Little Movie

Ever wandered around Blockbuster and picked a movie that you thought would be a gem of a movie only to find out that it was unheard of for a reason? that there was only one copy for a reason? that the reviewer who said it was a must see was some nobody from Toledo? Maybe this is only my experience as a movie renter, but I DO NOT have a good track record for picking. Quotes from failed movie nights, "I didn't know it had subtitles!" "It had a great cast!" Speaking from experience, great cast + never heard of it= BAD!!


So, last night when Family Yoga was unexpectedly cancelled and we were there and ready...we salvaged our fun family night by using our recently won Blockbuster gift cards (that were burning a hole in the kids memory that we were going to get to pick out a movie!) A movie for each kid selected and then it was up to me to pick a great movie that would please both adults movie taste with little helpers in a crowded store. Translation- pick it quick, we are on borrowed time. (Where was birthday boy, you ask? Didn't want to be seen at BLOCKBUSTER in his yoga clothes..."you're so vain. I bet you think this blog is about you..." I guess sitting in your MINIVAN in the parking lot (in your shorts) protects your man card...)



I digress. Rent, Once. It's good. Really good. Unexpected. This is a little movie with no name people that is beautiful and real. So good and real that I used my iTunes gift card to be listening to the soundtrack right now.



Enjoy.


http://www.film.com/movies/once/12729843

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home