Thursday, June 25, 2009

Learn to Sail Class 2
















Most people know that we have been sailing for years, but I finally sailed on my own on Saturday. T bought a wooden boat for Oliver and Sadie to use in their sailing class. (If you are keeping count, thats sailboat number FIVE, but we sold one, so we only currently have FOUR...)

This boat, unlike our others, is SIMPLE. When we sail I am always the crew- translation- hold this, reel in on this, untangle that, get me that... you get the picture...) On Saturday, I hopped in Oliver and Sadie's boat and took off for the center of the lake. Traf was hollering directions, do this, that, sheet in on this, put the tiller in the other hand...and I just took off. He doesn't understand that I am a learner by doing, not by hearing directions!!
It was SO MUCH FUN. This simple little boat was so easy to sail. I could use all my years of experience and actually skipper this boat! Without anyone, yes you, Traf, telling me what to do, I could feel the wind, navigate the waters in the direction of my choice and truly enjoy the experience...at long last.
So while out on the lake, I pretended it was my boat and I lived on the coast and was out for my morning sail before heading back to my beachside bungalow to write my book...ah, a girl can dream...

1 Comments:

At June 25, 2009, Blogger Mike Nicholson said...

Looks like you have a good start on that book already. Now to solve the problem of solo-sailing, who serves the Mojitos?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home