Monday, June 29, 2009

Idyllic Day of Sailing- not...

These two people had a blast...after we put the kids on the committee boat. We raced three races-one with children screaming- we got third in our division out of three on that race and two races without screaming- we got second and first. We had a blast, but I must say that I have sore muscles where I didn't even know I had muscles...

We gave the kids the option to go to a friend's house or to go sailing/racing at the lake. They both chose sailing. We should have known better...they HATED it.

Some of their statements included: This is the worst day of my life. Why does my dad have to love sailing! I hate sailing. I would rather be home... in bed. Assorted screams and cries... I don't want ice cream or a movie or anything except to go home. Take me home!

So when you look at the rest of these pictures...they look like they had a blast? Right? What changed? We asked them. While on the committee boat they watched two more races and watched a boat capsize. They said that they saw that they just rolled the boat back over and they were fine. (Of course T and I said this...but they needed to see it...) Whatever it was, we had a fantastic sail after the races.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home